The Swedish Institute’s Creative Force programme provides funding for collaborative projects involving organisations in Sweden and in the countries specified below that work to bring about change by means of dialogue, communication and creative forums. The programme is open to applications which aim to promote openness and democratic structures with the aid of projects in the fields of culture, media and related sectors.
Applicants may be civil society organisations, foundations, public sector agencies, private sector agencies or other professional actors. Private individuals may not apply for funding under the programme. It is always the Swedish partner in a collaboration who is formally responsible for the application and legally accountable vis-à-vis the Swedish Institute.
Types of funding and duration
The application deadlines for 2014 are January 24, May 15, and September 15 for seed funding and January 24 for collaborative projects.
The application period begins six weeks before each respective deadline.
Read more about how you can apply here.
Read more about how to report collaborative projects and seed funding, (at latest two months after the completion of the project).
As of 2014 the Creative Force programme comprises five geographic areas:
- Creative Force Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Creative Force Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank/Gaza and Yemen
- Creative Force Western Balkans and Turkey: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey.
- Creative Force Eastern Europe: Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Ukraine
- Creative Force Russia: Russia (especially North-western Russia and North Caucasus)
For more information, please contact:
Judith Black, programme manager Creative Force Russia and Creative Force Eastern Europe
Lejla Hastor, programme manager Creative Force Western Balkans and Turkey.
Katrine Larsen, programme manager Creative Force Africa
Michael Skoglund, programme manager Creative Force Middle East and North Africa
You can also follow us on Facebook