The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2018 is now closed! Shortlisted applicants will be informed no later than 13 November.
Are you a woman with a vision? Do you want to develop as a social entrepreneur to lead change? Apply to a leadership programme unlike any other! Between 8 September and 4 October 2017, you can apply to She Entrepreneurs and take your social business initiative to a whole new level. She Entrepreneurs is a recognised leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA) and Sweden.
What participants will gain
She Entrepreneurs will offer you personal and professional development.
Through the programme you will:
- develop your own social business-initiative and acquire personal skills and innovative tools
- build on your knowledge of business elements, from branding to risk-taking
- meet other women entrepreneurs. Inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- emerge with a strong and active network of likeminded women who support each other in driving important changes in society.
Who can apply?
You are welcome to submit your application if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a woman between the age of 20 and 36 (born between 1982 and 1998)
- You are driven and have an ongoing business initiative aimed at positive social change through entrepreneurial principles
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
- You have a proficient command of both written and spoken English, as well as basic knowledge of the internet and new technologies
The work on your social business must already be started and should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries above.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID.
How to apply?
The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2018 is closed. Shortlisted applicants will be informed no later than 13 November.
This is the application process:
- DOWNLOAD and fill out our She Entrepreneurs Application Form 2018
- GO TO our application portal
- UPLOAD the completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons*
- UPLOAD an updated CV in English
- UPLOAD a photo (not compulsory).
*We may contact the reference persons of the applicants who are selected for an interview. We accept references who speak English, Arabic and French.
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme.
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to email@example.com
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unfortunately not able to send personal replies to all applicants.
During a total of two and a half weeks on two separate occasions, the She Entrepreneurs programme offers personal and professional development to women whose social enterprise delivers a solution for positive social change.
The programme is divided into two modules:
- a two-week module in Sweden (12 – 23 March 2018)
- a concluding one-week module (17 – 23 September 2018) in Sweden or another location
The hands-on and practical study programme consists of:
- interactive learning methods combined with reflection sessions, team-building and practical exercises
- facilitators and expert mentors are available for guidance
- study visits and meetings with inspiring social entrepreneurs
The programme is in English. There is no fee for the programme. Travel, hotel and food expenses are covered by the Swedish Institute.
Read more and apply:
- Detailed information about She Entrepreneurs
- She Entrepreneurs application
- Frequently asked questions about the application process
- She Entrepreneurs folder (2016)
- About She Entrepreneurs in Swedish
Toolbox for the social business
SI has produced a handbook on social entrepreneurship specifically for participants of She Entrepreneurs. The book – Toolbox for the social business – is available for free online.
Toolbox for the social business is a practical introduction to business modelling with the key building blocks to commercialise a business idea. It presents traditional concepts of entrepreneurship and explains how these can be adapted and exploited by organisations that aim to deliver social or ecological value creation. This book is based on theories and practices that have proven to be effective and impactful. Each chapter contains critical questions to consider individually or in a group. Using the toolbox will help readers create or grow an impactful business.
Contacts at the Swedish Institute
She Entrepreneurs in social media
Watch the She Entrepreneurs video that was recorded during the first year of the programme (2011).
The She Entrepreneurs programme is leadership training within the context of working for an equal and sustainable society using entrepreneurial principles. It is based on real business experiences and collaborative learning. Participants will learn in ...
The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2018 is now closed! Shortlisted applicants will be informed no later than 13 November. Who can apply to She Entrepreneurs? To apply to She Entrepreneurs you have to: have the ...