The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2017 will open on 6 September 2016; detailed instructions on how to apply will be published here at that time.
Who can apply to She Entrepreneurs?
To apply to She Entrepreneurs you have to:
- have the drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on
- be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
- your social business initiative should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above
- be between 20 and 36 years old
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements. Only completed applications will be considered.
How to apply?
It is not yet possible to apply to She Entrepreneurs 2017. The call for applications will open on 6 September 2016. A complete application consists of:
- a completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons*
- an updated CV in English
- a photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to sheentrepreneurs(a)si.se.
*We may contact the reference persons of the applicants who are selected for an interview. We accept references who speak English, Arabic and French.
How do we evaluate your application?
A selection committee consisting of staff from SI as well as representatives from partner organisations and field experts evaluates the applications according to the following criteria:
- applicant’s social initiative that will be the focus of the programme
- applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment, as well as her answers to the questions of the She Entrepreneurs application form
- assessment of the applicant’s CV.
About 60 shortlisted applicants are called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews are conducted through Skype. Twenty-five successful applicants will then receive an offer to participate in the programme. This offer is valid only under the condition that the participant obtains a visa to travel to Sweden. The Swedish Institute will facilitate the visa application process, but we cannot guarantee a visa. In recent years applicants living in conflict-ridden areas have in a few cases seen their visa applications rejected.
The She Entrepreneurs programme is an intensive programme with a full-day schedule and many evening activities and all selected participants have to commit to participating in all activities of both module 1 and 2.
Call for application opens: 6 September 2016
Deadline for application: 6 October 2016
Skype interviews: 7–11 November 2016
Selected participants will be informed: (No later than) 10 December 2016
She Entrepreneurs 2016 module 1 in Sweden: 27 March–7 April, 2017
She Entrepreneurs 2016 module 2, location to be confirmed: 16–22 September, 2017
Contacts at the Swedish Institute