Below you find information on how to apply to the leadership programme She Entrepreneurs.
Who can apply to the She Entrepreneurs programme?
- You should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on.
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Your social business initiative should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above.
- You are between 20 and 36 years old.
- You should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID
How to apply?
The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2016 is now closed and it is no longer possible to apply.
How do we evaluate your application?
A selection committee consisting of staff from SI as well as representatives from partner organisations and field experts evaluates the applications according to the following criteria:
- The applicant’s social project that will be the focus of the programme.
- The applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment, as well as her answers to the questions of the She Entrepreneurs application form.
- An assessment of the applicant’s CV.
About 60 shortlisted applicants are called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews are conducted through Skype. Twenty-five successful applicants will then receive an offer to participate in the programme. This offer is valid only under the condition that the participant obtains a visa to travel to Sweden. The Swedish Institute will facilitate the visa application process, but we cannot guarantee the obtention of a visa. In recent years applicants living in conflict-ridden areas have in a few cases seen their visa applications rejected.
- She Entrepreneurs 2016 module 1 in Sweden: 17–28 April 2016
- She Entrepreneurs 2016 module 2, also in Sweden: 15–21 October 2016