The call for applications is now open. The last day to apply is 20 December, 2016.
Who can apply to SIMP Northern Europe?
To apply to SIMP Northern Europe you have to:
- Be in a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector with a minimum of five years of managerial experience
- Be in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategies of your organisation
- Be interested in learning more about Corporate Responsibility as a tool for good management
- Be between 25-45 years old.
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Be a citizen of Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden or Ukraine and a resident of one of the selected countries
Please note that we will not be able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
How to apply?
A complete application consists of:
- A complete application form in PDF format which is electronically filled out here. The application should be made in English.
- An updated CV
Please ensure that the application form in PDF format and CV reaches us by e-mail Simp.email@example.com by December 20, 2016. Write your name and country in the e-mail’s subject line.
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to Simp.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us by end of March you have not been accepted to SIMP Northern Europe 2017. However, you are more than welcome to apply again for next year’s programme.
How do we select our participants?
The recruitment process is managed by Business Sweden in Tallinn, Estonia. Business Sweden will present a shortlist of candidates to a selection committee consisting of staff from the Swedish Institute, Business Sweden and our partner organisations with expertise in the area of responsible business. The applications will be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- The relevance and quality of personal motivation and commitment, and the applicant’s answers in the application form.
- An assessment of the CV
- The general qualifications of the applicant
The Swedish Institute will make its decision taking into account the recommendations of the selection committee as well as the candidates’ general suitability for the programme. We are striving for as much diversity as possible in the group in order to maximise the exchange of experience between the participants, which means the distribution of candidates from each country will differ.
Out of all applicants, a number of shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews will be conducted by Business Sweden; some will be done on Skype. The 28 selected applicants will be contacted by e-mail and offered a place in SIMP Northern Europe 2017. The selected applicants must within a week confirm their participation in all the activities included in SIMP Northern Europe 2017 by providing a Letter of Consent from their employer which guarantees the applicants ability to be relieved from work for the programme periods.
Please note that the programme is intense with full day schedules and many evening activities. All selected participants will have to commit to participate in all activities in all three modules.
- Deadline for applications: 20 December 2016
- Interviews: 15 January – 15 February 2017
- Accepted applicants will be informed by: 16 March
- Module 1 in Sweden: 14 – 20 May 2017
- Module 2: 16 – 21 October 2017 (location to be confirmed)
- Module 3 in Sweden: 3 – 9 December 2017